Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Sleeping on Sunshine

Another sunny day here in CNY, another day at the physical therapist., another day without a run. 
I am not going to dwell on it--I am am going to embrace the sunshine. 


Right now, I am working on a fun new throw pillow for my bed that will have me thinking sunny thoughts:

I have embroidered the front of the pillow using several stitches,
including the back stitch, split stitch, whipped back stitch and
french knots. The beams are 4 different shades of yellow on an
orange cotton background.

I will be using the yellow cotton on the back and will be
doing the blanket stitch along the edge for some additional
decorative interest. I MAY attempt to put in a band between the front
and back.

I think it will look great nestled among my other handmade pillows and shams.
Check back Saturday when I hope to post the finished product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment