Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How Tuesday: Wristband Pin "Cushion"


So, if you are anything like me, there are pins ALL over your studio. Granted, I have a magnetic pin block on my cutting table, a plushie tomato pin cushion next to machine, even the top of my sewing box is a pin cushion. And yet, as I sew, pins come out of my piece an onto the sewing machine table...and onto the floor...and into my sock. Sigh. When I saw a photo of a wristband pin holder on Pinterest, I knew that it was meant for me.




For this project, I used a fabric scrap that I have been hoarding in my studio. I am very happy that I finally had a project where I could enjoy it. You could use two coordinating fabrics, but I decided to use the same for both sides. Measure your magnet and add 1/2" for the width of your wristband. Measure the circumference of your wrist and add 2" for the length of the band.


Pin the right sides together and stitch around the edge, leaving a gap to slip in the magnet.


After turning the band right-side out, slip the magnet into the gap that you left and
mark it for stitching. 


Run a seam up the markings and slip the magnet into the pocket that you have created.
Use a coordinating thread to stitch the opening shut.


Originally, I had planned to use Velcro as my wristband closure, 
but decided to use snaps instead for added security.


 Ready for action! I am like a sewing super hero!





No comments:

Post a Comment