Monday, August 13, 2012

Metal Work Monday: Owls..so maybe I am trendy...

You can probably tell that I am not super trendy. Well, I didn't think that I was until the owl craze starting sweeping the nation. Freakin' hipsters.

I made this super cute owl bracelet, perfect for the fall. 



I ran a bronze ID tag and a silver disc through the Sizzix 
Big Kick to emboss the tree and owl.


I used my jeweler's saw to cut out the owl.
I used my Dremel and several files to smooth the edges.


I used some purple nail polish to give him some zest.
I sanded a bit off to really accentuate the details.


I used two brass eyelets to cold connect the two pieces.
It seemed perfect to make them his eyes.


I combined gunmetal and bronze chain for further interest.


Love at first sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment