Monday, August 20, 2012

Metalwork Monday: JOY Bunting Necklace



As a rule, I avoid bandwagons. I had skirted the bunting craze until I found these perfect silver triangles in my studio. They cried out to be a bunting necklace. 

In my zeal, however; I neglected to photograph the first steps. They are as follows:

  • I used a nail to stamp the dots around the edges of each triangle.
  • Using a lowercase Arial font punch, I stamped each section with a letter.
  • I painted over each triangle entirely with orange nail polish.
  • After the polish dried, I sanded of a majority of the paint with my Dremel. I was going for an aged look, so left more paint around the edges.


Next I put a hole on two corners of each triangle with the screw-down hole punch.


I connected the three pieces with coordinating jump rings.


I added some silver chain and a closure to complete the piece. Perfect for your end of summer parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment