Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Bowl Covers

I really know what I am thankful for today. I am thankful that I am not responsible for making the clothes that I wear! I am not a super seamstress, to be sure. I used a zigzag stitch for the first time on this project. I was so overwhelmed with that that I forgot to take in-process photos. To top it all off, the project didn't turn out exactly as I'd hope. But, hey...it's a growth opportunity, right?



These fabric bowl covers from The Farm Chicks are 
essential for summer picnics. No bugs invited!


I chose a fun food-themed fat quarter for these covers.
I traced a circle larger than the bowl and used
pinking shears to finish the edges. I used a piece
of 1/4 inch elastic around the edge to make the cover.
Using a zigzag stitch, pull the elastic as you stitch
over it. I was not very good at it though. 


My stitching is a little wonky and the cover isn't as
tight as I would like, but it beats ants in the potato salad!


No comments:

Post a Comment