Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How Tuesday: Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub


This time of year, everything seems to come in a pumpkin flavor or scent. Candles, I get...coffee, not so much. Maybe it is because I am a tea girl. I figured that my hands shouldn't miss out on all the seasonal fun. This scrub is a variation of the recipe from Under the Table and Dreaming







The Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups of Brown Sugar
  • 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 2 TBS. Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 1 Cup Veggie, Sunflower or Safflower Oil

*I used baby oil since cooking oil is more expensive. It worked just fine and only a teeny trace of the original scent remained.


The Method:

  • Mix all the dry ingredients and combine until there are no lumps.
  • Add the oil and continue to mix. 



I got right in there and mixed with my hands.
 Keep it stored in a sanitized glass jar out of direct sunlight.
A great gift for a hostess, the holidays, or to pamper yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment