Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stitchy Saturday-Infinity Scarves




I will be the first to admit that I may not be the most fashion-forward lass out there, but I try. 
Luckily this year something that I love a wear all the time is a big trend. Scarves are everywhere this autumn and these infinity scarves are super simple to make.


I decided to do the prep work for two scarves at on time. For each scarf, cut a piece of fabric 18 inches wide and 60 inches long. I folded each in half along the long side with right sides together. I pinned the open side and stitched them into two long tubes.


Once they were stitched, I pulled them right side out and pinned the open edges of the tubes
together as much as possible. I stitched along the edge as far as I could with machine.
 Once I had a 3 inch gap, I pulled the fabric from the bottom of the loop. 


I hand stitched the opening shut with a quick whipstitch.


I ADORE these scarves and have since made several more. 
They only take about 10 minutes and jazz up any outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment