Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stitchy Saturday...on Sunday: Mug Cozy


Sometimes, I just want to make something cute. You might be thinking that thermal travel mug might not need a mug cozy. If you have ever made a cup of tea in one and scalded your hands as I result, I think you would agree that it is necessary cuteness.


I used a great tutorial by Polka Dot Cottage. I really encourage you to head over there and buy the PDF. It is only 99 cents and worth every penny! Lisa put a ton of time into the tutorial and explains it beautifully.


I decided, in true Weas fashion, that it needed a little more "something" so I added some rick rack (you know how I adore rick rack). I also decided it needed some tea specific adornment.


I sketched a little tea tag to stitch up and applique on. 


I love it! Super cute, super functional, and VERY Weas!

No comments:

Post a Comment