Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday: New and Improving...


In the last 45 days, I have been undergoing a major attitude adjustment and it has truly changed my life. I am not at all ashamed to say that I started an antidepressant and knew that I had to do some work to make that a major life change. I have been learning to let things go, not to take things personally and what really truly matters to me. I have little post-it notes around my desk at work on my lap top with gentle reminders to keep things in perspective. Rather than being stressful though, the effect has been lightening and has allowed me to really devote time that I used to spend worrying or catastrophizing or getting bent out of shape in creating and learning. I am so much happier.

With this life change has come a better mood, a sharper dresser and a new zeal to learn. I just completed my first ever crochet project and as you can see above, I am working on my second. I am about to start my first knitting project done from a commercial pattern. This weekend, I am going to try my hand and wool felt applique. I have cooked and prepped food for the next two weeks and have all my meals planned through early December. Blog posts are also planned that far in advance and I am happily working on projects to share. 
My life has become my own and I am thankful daily. 

1 comment: