Friday, October 5, 2012

Foodie Friday: Tea Cakes


Tea is part of my daily life, but sometimes, I want to make it a little more special. I may break out some leaves and brew it the old-fashioned way, sometimes what makes it extra-special is the treat that I have along with it. While my British friends tell me that these are not traditional but they sure are tasty!


Ingredients:
  • 3 1/3 c. sifted flour
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2/3 c. shortening
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 4 eggs, well beaten
  • 1 1/3 c. milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg



 Method:

  • Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
  • Sift 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg into the flour mixture;set aside. 
  • Cream sugar and shortening until fluffy; add eggs.
  •  Add flour mixture and milk alternately, in small amounts at a time, add vanilla.
  •  Fill greased cupcake pans 2/3 full. 
  • Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.   

Makes 2 dozen.  I like to dust them with a combo of powdered sugar and cinnamon.
SO good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment