Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday: New Craftventures

 I love to learn new things. It makes me seriously happy. I went to the craft store to get transfer paper today. Sadly, they did not have any any. Th did, however, have yarn, beautiful embroidery floss, and wool felt. It all jumped right into my basket. It wouldn't have been right not to bring them home.

I have decided recently that I wanted to learn to crochet. Luckily, my dear friend Paula is a wonderful teacher.  This is my first ever piece. I am making a cowl (yes, another one) out of just single crochet. Tonight, she also taught me double crochet and shell stitch. Yay for new skills!

I also bough several pieces of wool felt (and ordered some other colors) to start some brooches. I have not done applique before, but I did some research and our local library has several books available. I am super excited to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment