Monday, October 8, 2012

Metalwork Monday: Leather and Metal Wrap Bracelet


So, I may not be the trendiest gal on the block, but I do make an effort. This fall's trends include large statement jewelry but I am a tad petite for a big necklace. An interesting bracelet can dress up any kind of outfit and it is less intrusive than someone trying to read your chest.


I started with a leather band with snaps already in place and a copper ID bracelet plaque.


After stamping the phrase (I'll admit that the "e" is a little close to the edge, I added a few embellishments. I decided that it needed a little something more.


I added a layer of forest green alcohol ink. I am really happy with how it brought out the lettering.


To finish the piece off, I attached the plaque to the leather with brass eyelets and little copper accent stars. I am overall very pleased with the effect and I am excited to rock this trend throughout the fall and winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment