Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Works in Progress...sort of.

Maybe this post should actually called Works in Planning. This holiday season, I happily made all but to of my gifts. My house was a sea of thread ends and yarn bits. And I loved every minute of it. 

I have decided, however, that in addition to my afghan I will be making 4 other projects for just me. Selfish? Maybe. But I happen to think that it will energize and excite me to create for others!

Here's what I have up my sleeve:



I made two of my friends yarn/project bags for Christmas. Meanwhile, I am lugging around my stuff in a plain tote. I will be embroidering the great pattern from Sublime Stitching onto a plain canvas bag. I adore it.



Since, I do work on so many kinds of crafts, I typically carry a lot of tools. I decided that the project bag needs  a notions pouch. I am using this pattern. I will be embroidering different compartments with this awesome pattern from Wild Olive. I love Mollie's pattern and have stitched a ton of them.


To match my re-covered thread cabinet, I am going to attempt this sewing machine cover by Shiny Happy World. Wendi actually taught me to embroider via her You Tube series. Her patterns are super cute and well-explained. I love the fabric that I am using too :)


For my first ever clothing project, I am going to make this cozy looking hooded nightgown. I will be using the fun flannel pictured behind the pattern. I'll keep you posted...

Finally, a big thank you for all of you read, comment, and support me as I create. 
You all mean so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment