Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Slowly But Very Surely

Being crafty is kind of a birthright in my family. My mother has been painting ceramics and sewing my entire life. My maternal grandmother crocheted and quilted, among other things. My dad also paints and is incredibly handy...even scarily so. I have cousins who work with yarn and make clothes. We are a crafty bunch. It occurred to me that even at my busiest times, I am truly the most happy when I am creating. Making time to make has become a huge priority for me. Some days, knowing that I get to spend a few minutes creating something are what keeps me plugging away.


This afghan is the cornerstone of my crafting at the moment. I have 3 colors of squares left to make, about 77 squares total. My sweetie and I have been doing some work on creating a new bedroom space and this afghan will be a big feature there.


When I get discouraged about my progress though, I just have to look at the end of my bed. I have had this chevron afghan as long as I can remember. I am not even sure who made it for me.
 It is a crib size, but it is 40 years old and still going strong. 
All work is worth it to create something that will be here long after I am gone.


While try to stay positive and focused, I am attempting to be more mindful as I work, love, create, and make choices. How is that working out for you this year?


Starting to make teeny progress on other projects. Yay for moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment