My friend Paula is one of the best cooks ever. She and her family eat gluten-free which is a double bonus for me since many nights she brings me dinner at play rehearsal. This bread is SO amazing it is like having the best chocolate cupcake ever but with a full serving of veggies!
- 2 c shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 c white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour (for gluten free, add 1 tsp xanthan)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 c veggie oil
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease either 2 loaf pans or six wide mouth pint mason jars.
- Mix all ingredients until just blended.
- Scoop into jars until about half full (about 3 scoops), making sure to wipe clean the edgles of each jar.
- Place loaf pans or jars DIRECTLY on the oven rack.
- Bake 45 min-1 hr, depending on your oven.
After cooling, jars may be sealed with lids and stored in the pantry for several days, given as gifts, or frozen. I froze half of mine (I also made a basic banana bread with blueberries added). They froze VERY well, defrosted like a dream, and tasted just as wonderful!