Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stitchy Saturday: Felt Needle Book

I absolutely love to make things that are both adorable and really useful. Since I always like to be making things, I often travel with a project. Knitting and embroidery are much easier to take on the go than metal work or quilting, but it is never fun to reach into my project bag and poking myself with a needle. A handmade needle book was just the ticket!


This would make a great Mother's Day gift :)
I started with 4 pieces of felt, the largest being 8 1/2 x 4 1/2
inches. I cut the pages with my pinking shears to about
8x4 inches and I also cut two pieces of ribbon about
4 inches long to create the closure.
I pinned the ribbon to the inside (the "wrong" side) of the cover.
I stitched all the way around the edges, taking the ribbon down as I went.
I pinned the pages in and stitched down the center.
Complete, but a little plain :(
I cut two pieces of green felt for grass and several
pieces for flowers. I also choice some fun  buttons for the centers.
After stitching on the felt, I added some stems and leaves.
I added some bees, too...I love them!
Ready to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment