Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bloggers Helping Bloggers

And just like that, I have blogged more in 2015 then 2014. Sigh. 

That being said, I am committed to making Weasinart more of a thing. You know, a thing...something that people read, something that people share, something people value. 

The first step has been posting (obviously) and now for a face lift.  You probably notice the background since you are staring at right now. That one, I was able to figure out on my own. Bigger changes that I wanted to make needed some support. I turned to the logical (in my mind) place: other blogs. 

Pinterest was a great help in locating these resources. Of course, Pinterest! Wait, Pinterest! Can I add that to my blog? It's kind of a value-add, right? Get inspired by others inspiration and all. Turns out, I could, thanks to Marie at Code It Pretty. Perfect! 


She had a great tutorial on how to do exactly what I wanted. It was easy to follow and allowed me to add something that I really value to my site.

 Once I had done that, I was hungry to learn more. Where else do I connect with friends and fans? Duh, social media. I found an absolutely gorgeous site entitled Every Little Polish. Rose is super talented and loves both cats and nail polish. Hello? Kindred spirit. 

Not only does she have an awesome set of watercolor social media icons that I adore,


she also has a great tutorial on how to put them on your blog. I even downloaded a few extra ones for platforms that I am not even using yet. So excited. They look like the were meant for my blog. I am really excited for the direction that I am going. I have an entire Pinterest board of blogging resources to work through. Yay!



Now, back to those granny squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment