Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring Forward

Hi. My name is Louise and I am a cliche. Or a Hallmark card. I haven't decided which yet.

Here's the thing: when I am down, I am REALLY down. When I am up, I embarrass Pollyanna with my perkiness. Not bipolar, as  such, just super-affected by what is happening around me and my mood often reflects that. 

I have been so flat-out busy lately that my self-image has really taken a hit. "Beached whale" comes to mind. Sigh. 

Luckily as team captain of our wellness challenge team, I must lead. Me, being me, is leading by example. I bought a FitBit (complete with extra pretty wristbands) and don't want to let myself down. I have pushed myself out of my office and out on campus everyday this week on lunch. Today, I even got to take a longer break and a longer walk. Yay. Striving for equanimity in mood and fitness. This is a big deal for lots of people, I know. Let's support each other. That's what life is REALLY all about, right?





Some of what I have seen this week:








1 comment: