Sunday, February 1, 2015

Quilting Isn't For Sissies


Some women turn into their mothers. Not me. I am turning into my Grandma. I am kinda excited about it. As soon as I finished working on Friday, I started working on The Quilt. 

I started cutting out squares and states out of the coordinating fabrics. I wasn't the only one having fun. Moses discovered that a recently used ironing board was THE best place in the house to lounge, regardless of the fact that I was still using it. I made huge plans for Saturday. The plan was to destash blue fabrics and crazy quilt them together for oceans, gulfs, and lakes. That was the plan anyway...




Public service announcement: the  blade of a rotary cutter is vary sharp. I will forever miss that part of my finger, but hey: I get a new fingerprint now! Silver linings, right?


I tried to get back to it when I got home from urgent care, but I kept bumping my finger into the sewing machine. Plus, Moses decided that the fabric that I was working with even more comfortable than the ironing board.



Good news is that I had the entire day today to work on it as my sweetie had homework to do. I am really happy with the Great Lakes. Once I laid out the states that I had finished, I was concerned that it is really busy. I plan to hand embroider all the states on the quilt as applique and to hand-quilt waves over the bodies of water. I have put a lot of time, money, and part of my finger into it though, so I am sticking with it. 

What do you think of this plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment