Friday, February 20, 2015

Paper Dolls for Grown-ups AKA Costume Design


So, I feel most like myself when I am working on a show. It has been a major part of my life for the last 30 years (yikes!). Multiple sclerosis and my surgery took me out of the musical this year, but we are a scant three weeks away from starting the annual Skakespearean play. I don't know where will be performing next year as the high school auditorium is renovated, but right now it's time to focus on The Tempest. Last weekend, my sweetie and I created the set model and this week has been all about costume design.


Ariel


Prospero, Miranda, Ferdinand, Caliban, Stephano & Trinculo


Alonso, Antonio, and Sebastian 
(I also have designs for Gonzalo, Adrian, and Francisco)


Ceres, Juno, Iris, and the Naiads and Dryads

Like what you see and want to use them for your own shows? Go ahead! Enjoy! Just drop me a line and some photos when they are constructed. Theater should be about sharing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment